Following is the featured weekly “Flight of Four” beer tasting at 99 Bottles beer store pouring October 12–18, 2014. Save a couple bucks and join us for $2 Happy Hour on Wednesday night, 5-7PM.
Evil Twin – Sante Adairius at Westbrook Brewing | Mt Pleasant, SC | 7% ABV | $9.74 / 22oz
Belgian blonde ale brewed with white peppercorns and bottle conditioned with Brettanomyces claussenii. “With intellectual curiosity, impeccable perfection and childlike excitement he examines, drinks and teaches the beers. His name is Joey Pepper. Maybe he is real or maybe an allegory. One thing is certain — we’ve all met him and admired his extreme commitment, laser focus, and contagious behavior. Remember next time you wanna accomplish something — examine, consume, and inspire like Joey Pepper.” Brewed Once
Peddler Brewing | Seattle, WA | 7% ABV | 20 IBU | $4.97 / 22oz
A Belgian-style ale brewed with pumpkin and fall spices. Fall Release
Double Mountain Brewery | Hood River, OR | 7.2% ABV | 88 IBU | Special Price! $4.57 / 16.9oz (Regular $4.99 / 16.9oz)
An India Red Ale (IRA) brewed with two varieties of hops — Perle and Sterling — from Sodbuster Farms in Salem. The combination hops provides Killer Red with aromas of blood orange, pineapple, and forest. A healthy malt bill balances the top end and lends candied fruit, biscuit, and caramel character to the tongue. When life hands you hops, make fresh hop beer! Annual Release
Entire Wood-Aged Stout
Pike Brewing | Seattle, WA | 9.5% ABV | 60 IBU | $9.99 / 22oz
An English-Style Stout that’s 75% aged in whiskey barrels. The flavor is smooth and chocolaty, with vanilla wood overtones — like a big oak-aged Cabernet. Annual Release
Beer Tasting Times & Fees
$4.50 per person, plus tax
Sunday 12:00 noon to 4:30 p.m.
Monday 12:00 noon to 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday thru Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Happy hour special
Wednesday night, 4:00 to 7:30 p.m.
$2.00 per person, plus tax
The Nitty Gritty
- To participate: Step up to Checkout, present your valid I.D. and pay for your tasting. Then, come on back to the Tastings counter where we’ll get your pours started.
- Yes, you may appear to be of-age to drink, but Washington State Law requires I.D. check to confirm both legal drinking age and unexpired identification.
“No I.D. = No Drinking.”
- You’re welcome to share your beers with others only after they’ve presented their valid I.D. to 99 Bottles staff.
- Feel free to browse around the shop and visit with others while you enjoy your beer tastes.
- Munching on oyster crackers will help cleanse your palate between beers.
- One Beer Flight Tasting per person daily, per WAC 314-02-105. If you’re taking the flight and have a Growler Taste Card you may add one taste from the fill station to reach your total daily serving limit of 10 ounces per person.
- The nearest public restrooms are located at Sportsmans Warehouse and McDonalds.