99 Bottles® has one beer store location in Federal Way, Wash. The store is privately owned by a local family and occasionally has openings for store help. If you’re interested in becoming a Beer Clerk at 99 Bottles, deliver a completed application to us. We’ll gladly keep your materials on file for review until a position opens.
Current status: No Positions
Deliver your completed job application to:
99 Bottles specialty beer store
35002 Pacific Hwy S, A102
Federal Way, WA 98003
No phone calls, please. We will confirm receipt of your application via email.
As preparing handwritten orders, tags and other materials is part of this job, we strongly encourage the applicant to complete their application in their own handwriting. While you are welcome to attach a resume to your application, incomplete applications aren’t considered.
Beer Clerk responsibilities & duties
99 Bottles’s Beer Clerks work with a sense of urgency, love beer, enjoy a physically active work environment, perform data entry accurately, possess an interest in craft beer and share their beer knowledge with others, and have friendly, outgoing personalities.
- Accurately process product sales—attaining balance at the register on a daily basis
- Provide excellent customer service, greeting all guests and offering assistance
- Educate guests about our beers, beer styles, 99 Bottles store overview, and offer beer referrals and recommendations upon request
- Receive, merchandise, and stock product; maintaining accurate inventory
- Process incoming and outgoing kegs
- Be aware of products and their placement
- Pack product for safe transport and cost-effectivity; take product out to the guest’s car when necessary
- Take special orders and inform the management
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated
- Answer telephone calls with proper phone etiquette
- Post correct price tags on products
- Document spoilage and waste using the appropriate forms
- Remove and/or report safety violations and hazards immediately
- Maintain a neat work environment—cleaning up after yourself and customers
- Comply with all occupational safety, health, and liquor control board regulations
- Regular and timely attendance is essential
- Adhere to safe work practices, including use of proper lifting techniques
- Fill sanitary growler containers and operate & maintain according to company procedures
- Participate in sales promotions
- Set up and host product tastings for guests, following established food safety procedures
- Organize and file tags/labels in alphabetical order
- Practice safe use and maintenance of all tools and equipment required by the position
- Perform janitorial duties throughout the store, including dusting, polishing, sweeping, etc.
- Maintain back-stock areas and coolers
- Attend all store and training meetings when scheduled
- Perform other duties as assigned by store management
The above is intended to describe the general duties for the performance of this job. It is not construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties
does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
The position will include any and all duties assigned to ensure proper functions of operations.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must adhere to Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) rules and regulations and 99 Bottles company policies
- Must have passion for and knowledge of beer
- Must have strong work ethic and integrity
- Must perform data entry accurately
- Must have strong verbal, communication and comprehension skills
- Must be available to work afternoons and evenings; must be available for flexible scheduling as needed (i.e., tasting events, holidays, weekends)
- Must be able to meet physical job requirements
- Ability to speak comfortably with individuals and groups
- Ability to sell proactively and communicate effectively with guests
- Ability to use POS-accounting computer system and give accurate change
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Homebrewers are encouraged to apply
- Possess a Class 13 Servers Permit
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions; the work environment is maintained at “beer friendly” temperature
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Requires bending or stooping to grasp and reach product or supplies
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
- Requires standing for extended periods of time
- Bend and lift loads up to 60 pounds unassisted
- Lift loads over 60 pounds with a team member
- Can lift and transport kegs: 1/6BBL 55–60 lb., 1/4BBL 90 lb., 1/2BBL 150–170 lb.
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Some exposure to dust, cleaning fumes and chemicals
- Repetitive use of hands
- Use of box cutters
- Iteration of duties
About 99 Bottles
99 Bottles is a family owned and operated business. We strive to give good customer service without acting as pushy salespeople and without taking ourselves too seriously. We strive to be honest, accurate, and respectful to each customer. We regularly provide recommendations to customers based on other beers they’ve enjoyed. We are advocates of beer and believe that each beer is special.
At 99 Bottles, we empower our team members to make their own decisions, creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are motivated to excel. We work together to meet the needs of our guests. We want to work with well-rounded individuals who are passionate about beer, people, our company’s mission, and who want to help build 99 Bottles into a profitable and beneficial company.
99 Bottles is an equal opportunity employer